We understand that you may have some questions regarding the coronavirus and how it affects your vacation. That’s why we have put together a Q&A for you. Do you still have questions? Feel free to ask! Send an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer your question as soon as possible.
Regards, Customer Contact Centre
We are pleased to welcome you to one of our holiday parks. In order to ensure you have a safe and relaxing stay, we would like you to read the following code of conduct prepared by HISWA-RECRON:
Always keep 1.5 meters distance from others. If you have a cough, a cold, or a family member has a fever, stay home! Avoid crowds in nature reserves or other areas, otherwise stay in or near your holiday home.
Check the website of the park where you will be staying. Check the municipal website for up-to-date information on special measures, e.g. closure of areas, paths, roads and parking spaces, and guidelines. Make use of cycling and walking apps so you can accurately map out your route. The receptionists can help you with this.
A safe departure...
EuroParcs is affiliated with HISWA-RECRON and has prepared a Corona Protocol in consultation. A copy is available at each reception desk and a digital copy can be requested online. Please take note of the Corona Protocol and follow the instructions. Please avoid going to busy places at busy times. The reception can inform you accordingly.
- Is staying at the park almost like before covid?
Yes. There are no longer any restrictions on the size of the group staying in a holiday home.However, do keep 1.5 meters distance from each other. There are also no more restrictions on the number of people you can accommodate in the holiday home provided that the social distancing rule is met. The requirement to wear a face mask expired on 26 June for most indoor areas: vacation homes, reception, hospitality, swimming pools and other facilities and amenities. However, in small reception buildings and other public buildings where a distance of 1.5 metres cannot be maintained, you are still required to wear a face mask.
- Is it safe to stay at the park?
Yes, guests have already been able to go to our parks/resorts safely, and, due to the relaxed corona measures, safety and holiday enjoyment have only increased further with the motto Stay safe -> Safe stay.
- Safe check-in -> Our check-in procedures are fully geared to safety and are in accordance with the guidelines of RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment), even now that the corona measures have been scaled down. The ‘shields’ will remain in place, just like the disinfection stations.
- Safe house -> The hygienic care of the house is completely focused on ensuring that your house is safe and clean, with a special focus on contact surfaces.
- Safe food -> At most parks you can order meals from breakfast to dinner, delivered corona-proof to the holiday home by the staff of our restaurants. Pick-up is also often possible.
- Safe nature & fun -> You can enjoy and have fun in the nature surrounding our parks.
- What are the cancellation conditions?
Would you like to cancel or rebook to a park closer to home despite the explanation of the above-mentioned measures? We can rebook you for € 50,- to another stay with an arrival date of up to 31 December 2021, up to two weeks before arrival. If the new booking expenses are higher than the original ones, you pay the difference.
- If I have booked through a travel agency, can I change my stay at EuroParcs?
Unfortunately, in that case we have to refer you to the travel agency where the booking was made.
- Why am I not refunded if I cancel?
You have made a booking with us, and the holiday home is reserved for you in that period. You can safely stay with us, and the house is ready for you to use, cleaned and well. We understand that in this particular period, some people prefer to stay at home. In such cases, we are happy to book a different period with an arrival date up until December 31, 2021, and in a different park if desired.
- How do you check in at EuroParcs?
We aim to minimise physical contact when possible. Therefore, if we have your phone number and you are in the position to answer, our front office staff will call you in advance. He or she will schedule a time of arrival with you, so that we can ensure that not everyone arrives at the same time. Check-in takes place as much as possible outside the reception area. Further arrival details will be sent to you by email.
- Are masks mandatory in the park?
Only in reception areas or other public buildings where a distance of 1.5 metres cannot be maintained. The requirement to wear a face mask no longer applies.
- Are the facilities in the park open?
Yes, but different rules apply to each facility. An overview:
Restaurants and cafés can reopen according to their regular opening hours. Also, artists are allowed to perform, and sporting events can be attended by visitors. Some rules apply:
- A health check is required
- Each guest/group has a fixed seating area
- The number of guests allowed in the catering area or on the terrace depends on the size of the space. If guests use the corona access card, the required social distancing (1.5 metres) does not apply, and the regular capacity applies.
- What about ordering and picking up meals in the evening?
You can order take away food when the restaurant is open in accordance with the opening times of the restaurant’s kitchen. Check the EuroParcs app or ask the reception staff.
- Can I have lunch or dinner on the terrace?
Yes, this is allowed by the new COVID-19 guidelines.
Additionally: you can also get meals delivered to your home or pick up at the restaurant. Ordering from the park’s restaurant is very easy via the EuroParcs app. Finally, please find an outline of what is permitted and what is not in the hospitality industry below:
Sports and outdoor games venues
- Adults may exercise in groups without social distancing if necessary for the exercise. This relaxation of the rules was already in place for young people and children.
Additionally, our pools and fitness centers are open, but only by appointment and for a limited number of people in accordance with corona guidelines. You can swim and shower as usual. Furthermore, our outdoor play and sports venues, such as playgrounds, tennis courts and multi-purpose sports fields are fully open again. See the image below for an overview.
Protocol Responsible Swimming 6.0 published
Saturday 26 June, new relaxations of the rules have been implemented. As of this date, the measures from protocol version 6.0 apply. The key changes in version 6.0 compared to version 5.0 are: - Face masks are no longer required.
- All competitions are permitted again. Socially distanced visitors are permitted to attend.
- There is no longer a maximum group size for activities.
- A maximum of 1 visitor per 5 square metres of accommodation (excluding staff) is allowed.
- Parents are regarded as audience at swimming lessons and diploma swimming. They are allowed to attend if socially distanced.
Wellness/fitness/gaming venues (entertainment)
- Our wellness, fitness and gaming venues such as indoor play areas may reopen. A maximum of 1 person per 5 square metres applies; no maximum group size applies.
- A health check is required. Reservations and registration at some locations as well, in which case reservations can be made through Recreation Desk or through the front office.
- Wearing a face mask indoors is no longer mandatory if a distance of 1.5 metres can be maintained.
Is there entertainment in the park?
Sure! The animation is again offered live at the parks. You can read the animation program in the EuroParcs App. During the summer holidays, we have lots of entertainment in the various parks!